[12.06.12] Emergent Partners in Africa: Business for Aid?
The Norwegian Institute of International Affairs and the Norwegian Peacebuilding Resource Centre (NOREF), in cooperation with the Europe Africa Research Network (EARN) is hosting a seminar:
Emergent Partners in Africa:
Business for Aid?
Six leading experts will discuss how the rise of emergent economies as major global players will impact on economics, politics, development and peace in Africa.
Attendance at this seminar is by invitation only.
- Adebayo Olukoshi , Executive Director of the Africa Governance Institute (AGI) in Dakar
- Agostinho Zacarias , UNDP Resident Coordinator in Pretoria
- Peter Kiuluku , Executive Director of the Trade Policy Training Centre in Arusha
- Christopher Alden , LSE scholar and partner of the South Africa Institute of Southern Affairs in Johannesburg
- Fernanda Faria , Expert on donor policies and EU/Africa relations and independent consultant for international institutions and national governments
- Øyvind Eggen , Senior research fellow at the Norwegian Institute of International Affairs (NUPI)
- Fernando Jorge Cardoso , Chair of the Europe–Africa Policy Research Network (EARN)