Economic outlooks for Africa
African Economic Outlook 2015: What are Africa´s economic outlooks?
The Norwegian Institute of International Affairs has, in cooperation with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Norwegian-African Business Association (NABA), the pleasure of inviting you to an open seminar with the Director of the Research Department of the African Development Bank, Mr. Abebe Shimeles. Mr. Shimeles will present the African Economic Outlook for 2015.
With Africa’s population set to double by 2050, unlocking the economic potential of the continent’s diverse regions will be vital to create the millions of jobs needed. Read more about the African Economic Outlook here.
State secretary at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Morten Høglund will open the seminar. He will focus on Norwegian policy for financing development.
Important: We are occasionally experiencing technical difficulties with our sign-up solution. In the case of sign-up problems, please send an e-mail listing your name and e-mail address to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The seminar will be streamed live on Youtube:
- Ulf Sverdrup, Director, NUPI
- Morten Høglund, State Secretary, Minitry of Foreign Affairs
- Heikki Tuunanen, Executive Director, The African Development Bank
- Abebe Shimeles, Director of Research Department, The African Development Bank
- Comments: Arne Melchior, Head of the research group for International Economy, NUPI and Christian V. Bernau, Managing Partner, Spear Capital