PODCAST: Brexit and implications for the EU, EEA and Norway
30 October marked the end of the three yearlong EUNOR project. Podcasts are now available on all the topics that were discussed during the conference.
Brexit, EU, EEA and Norway was on the agenda when experts from all over Europe gathered in Oslo on 30 October for the final EUNORconference. The discussions were on several topics, included energy policy, EUs foreign, security and defense policy and what Brexit means for Norway and the EEA.
Listen to the podcasts below, and subscribe to NUPI podcast for more interesting talks on international affairs.
- 08:30-09:00: Coffee and registration
- 09:00-09:15: Welcome: Ulf Sverdrup, director of NUPI and Research Professor Pernille Rieker, project leader of EUNOR.
- 09:15-09:30: Key note speaker: Niels Engelshiøn, Director General, Department for European Affairs
- 19:30-11:30:Panel 1: Brexit and the EEA
- Chair: Ulf Sverdrup (NUPI)
- EU perspective: René Repasi (University of Rotterdam)
- UK perspective: Agata Gostyńska-Jakubowska (CER, London)
- EEA perspective: Christophe Hillion (UIO/NUPI)
- Icelandic perspective: Baldur Thorhallsson (University of Iceland)
- Norwegian perspective: Nilels Engelshiøn, Director General, Department for European Affairs
- 11:30-13:00: Lunch
- 13:00-14:15: Panel 2: Brexit and the future of international trade:
- Chair: Liv-Monica Stubholt (Lawyer and Partner, Advokatfirmaet Selmer DA, former deputy chair of the EEA review Committee)
- EU perspective: Fredrik Erixon (ECIPE, Brussels)
- The future of trade agreements: Arne Melchior (NUPI)
- Integration, technology and patents: Per Botolf Maurseth (BI)
- 14:15-14:30: Coffee break
- 14:30-15:45: Panel 3: Energy policy in a changing Europe
- Chair: Jakub Godzimirski (NUPI)
- EU energy policy: Kirsten Westphal (SWP, Berlin)
- The future of the Energy market: Ole Gunnar Austvik (HiL)
- Energy and climate: Indra Øverland (NUPI)
- 15:45-16:00: Coffee
- 16:00:17:30: Panel 4: The shaping of the EU's foreign, security and defense policy:
- Chair: Pernille Rieker (NUPI)
- EU foreign and security policy: Steven Blockmans (CEPS, Brussels)
- The UK perspective: Richard Whitman (University of Kent)
- Norway-UK relations: Kristin Haugevik (NUPI)
- Norway-EU relations: Nina Græger (NUPI)
2014 - 2017 (Completed)
What is the significance of the EU for small states in Europe today?