Har du interesse for og bakgrunn i freds- og sikkerhetsspørsmål i Afrika? Nå søker vi koordinator for Training for Peace (TfP)-programmet!
The position is to be filled as soon as possible.
The Training for Peace (TfP) Programme is a Norwegian funded capacity support programme to the African Union Commission (AUC). The primary objective of the TfP is to contribute to strengthening the capacity of the AUC to prevent, manage and resolve conflicts and insecurity on the continent through the deployment of effective full spectrum peace operations.
More on TfP here.
- Programme coordination, planning and reporting for the TfP programme, including reporting to the funder and liaison with partners. This latter point includes some travelling (if COVID-19 development allows), representing NUPI and/or TfP at meetings.
- Research: Undertake and publish research, including TfP related applied research.
- PhD (senior researcher) in a relevant subject, such as International Relations, Political Science, Peace and Conflict Studies, Security Studies, Africa Studies, etc.
- Experience in an international organization in programme coordination and planning may compensate for the lack of a PhD.
Experience & Skills
- Track record of publishing on African peace and security and related fields (senior researcher).
- Experience in programme coordination, planning and reporting.
- Very good oral presentation and writing skills in English. Norwegian and other relevant language skills will be an advantage.
- High work capacity and ability to handle several tasks simultaneously.
- Social media presence and experience.
- A one-year temporary project-based position with the possibility of extending the position for the duration of the project.
- Good professional environment.
- Office centrally located in Oslo.
- Good pension, insurance and loan schemes through membership in the Government Pension Fund.
- The position is paid in accordance with the Government's salary provisions for a researcher/senior researcher, depending on the qualifications and experience of the candidate.
If you have any questions, please contact:
current Head of TfP, Cedric de Coning, tel +47 942 49 168, email email@example.com.
The application must contain an application letter and CV, and be sent electronically, by 25 September 2020. Please send your application via Jobb Norge by clicking «apply for the position» on this page.
NUPI aims to have an equal gender distribution among our employees and encourage women to apply. NUPI aims, to the greatest degree possible, to have a staff that reflects societal diversity. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply, regardless of cultural background, age, disability or previous periods of leave from the workforce. NUPI will accommodate specific needs relating to disability for new hires and as needed during the interview process.