NUPI’s library offers literature on norwegian and international foreign policy, diplomacy and international relations in general. The collection was started in 1961 and includes most of the literature on Norwegian foreign policy after the World War 2. The library is open to the public within office hours on weekdays. To register for library loans, you need an ID card with a portrait photo, and you can loan a book for 30 days. The library has two full-time librarians and a library assistant.
NUPI’s library catalog
Our catalog contains 90 000 documents and is available for internet search. However, a loan requires you to retrieve the document from the library premises. Connection to an institution’s with its own library service allows you to arrange for an inter-library loan.
Search NUPI's catalog:
Opening hours are 8 a.m. – 3:45 p.m. in winter time, and 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. in the summer time )May 15 – September 14)
NUPI’s institutional archive
The library is responsible for archiving NUPI’s publications in our archive system Brage. NUPI Brage is an institutional archive that makes publications accessible on the internet. NUPI’s web pages are fully integrated with Brage, and all documents copyrighted by NUPI can be downloaded in full text.
- International Relations and Security Network (ISN): The International Relations and Security Network (ISN) is one of the world’s leading open access information services for both professionals and students who focus on international relations (IR) and security studies.
- Inter Press Service (IPS): IPS is an international communication institution with a global news agency at its core, raising the voices of the South and civil society on issues of development, globalization, human rights and the environment.
- Chatham House: Chatham House, the Royal Institute of International Affairs, is an independent policy institute based in London. Our mission is to help build a sustainably secure, prosperous and just world.
- International Crisis Group: The International Crisis Group is an independent, non-profit, non-governmental organisation committed to preventing and resolving deadly conflict.
- Brookings Institution: The Brookings Institution conducts research and education in the social sciences, primarily in economics, metropolitan policy, governance, foreign policy, and global economy and development. In the University of Pennsylvania's 2014 Global Go To Think Tanks Report, Brookings is ranked the most influential think tank in the world
- World Bank Open Data: Free access to data about economic development in countries around the globe.