Digitalization, growth and international trade
ICTs, growth, income inequalities and international trade are on the agenda when UiO and NUPI invites to webinar the 28th of january.
Expand your knowledge on digitalization, growth and international trade, at UiO's and NUPI's webinar this month.
This webinar is one of two that mark the conclusion of the research project "Responsible innovation and happiness" on ICTs and well-being. This is an inter-disciplinary joint project funded by the Research Council of Norway and coordinated by TIK Centre (UiO), with NUPI; Department of Psychology (UiO); SPRU (Science Policy Research Unit, University of Sussex) as main project partners. The other webinar on "Digitalization and users’ well-being" will take place the following day, on the 29th of January.
The webinar will take place on zoom, and is open to anyone upon registration. To register your interest in joining the webinar, please send an email to: email@example.com
10:00 – 12:00: ICTs, growth and income inequalities
- Per Botolf Maurseth: “Internet and economic growth”.
- Dibyendu Maiti: “ICT Exposure and well-being: A Cross Country Analysis”.
- Artur Santoalha et al.: “Digital skills and income inequalities in European regions”.
- Discussant: Chantale Tippett (NESTA, UK)
13:00 – 15:00: ICTs and international trade
- Hildegunn Nordås: “Telecommunications, trade policy and services exports”.
- Hege Medin & Per Botolf Maurseth: “Internet use, intermediaries and international trade”.
- Arne Melchior: “Distance never dies: On trade, digitization and gravity”.
- Discussant: Biswajit Nag (Indian Institute of Foreign Trade)