relationship between Russian strategy and the country’s energy resources.
It is divided into three sections. The first presents a brief discussion of the
concept of a ‘grand strategy’ and its application in the Russian context.
The second examines the role of energy resources in a grand strategy in
general, and in the current Russian context in particular. The final section
considers the importance of Asia in the realisation of Russian energy and
The chapter seeks to answer the following questions:
• What is a grand strategy?
• Does Russia have a grand strategy?
• What is the connection between grand strategy and energy?
• What is the role of energy resources in Russia’s grand strategy?
• What is the role of Asia in Russia’s grand and energy strategy designs?
ch03.pdf (810.5 kB)
- Page count: 28
- Language: English
- Title of book/report: Russian Energy Strategy in the Asia-Pacific Implications for Australia
- URL 1: https://press.anu.edu.au/publications/russian-energy-strategy-asia-pacific#tabanchor
- URL 3: