This is a collaborative project between CASE - Center for Social and Economic Research, Warsawa, NUPI, LSE Consulting and Gaidar Institute for Economic Policy, with CASE as coordinator.
The project's duration is from September 2018 to May 2019 and will produce a comprehensive study of Russia's economy, focusing on regulations, laws, subsidies and other aspects that may interfere in competition in the markets. A similar study on China was made by the EU Commission in 2017 and the research project will be an input for a study on Russia in 2019.
More specifically, the output from the project will be a report with the following chapters:
- EU-Russia commercial relations in the global context
- Formal and informal role of government with respect to resource allocation
- Financial system
- State-owned Enterprises (SOEs)
- Public procurement regime
- Import and export regime
- Investment regime
- Energy market (10a Transport)
- Raw materials and other material inputs
- Chemicals (including fertilisers)
NUPI has the editorial responsibility for chapters 1 (Melchior), 6 (Melchior) and 14 (Godzimirski), with a contribution from Roman Vakulchuk in chapter 6, and also contributions from CASE and Gaidar Institute in chapters 1 and/or 6.
EU Commission, DG Trade (Call for Tenders No. TRADE18/H1/H10, June 2018)