This is a collaborative project between CASE - Center for Social and Economic Research, Warsawa, NUPI and LSE Consulting, with CASE as coordinator.
The project's duration is from September 2018 to May 2019 and will produce a comprehensive study of Russia's economy, focusing on regulations, laws, subsidies and other aspects that may interfere in competition in the markets. A similar study on China was made by the EU Commission in 2017 and the research project will be an input for a study on Russia in 2019.
More specifically, the output from the project will be a report with the following chapters:
- EU-Russia commercial relations in the global context
- Formal and informal role of government with respect to resource allocation
- Financial system
- State-owned Enterprises (SOEs)
- Public procurement regime
- Import and export regime
- Investment regime
- Energy market (10a Transport)
- Raw materials and other material inputs
- Chemicals (including fertilisers)
NUPI has the editorial responsibility for chapters 1 (Melchior), 6 (Melchior) and 14 (Godzimirski), with a contribution from Roman Vakulchuk in chapter 6, and also contributions from CASE in chapters 1 and/or 6.
EU Commission, DG Trade (Call for Tenders No. TRADE18/H1/H10, June 2018)