Children and armed conflict - open seminar
The Norwegian Institute of International Affairs has the pleasure of inviting you to a seminar:
Children and armed conflict
- open seminar
This seminar looks into how children are supported during and after conflict, and we analyse the key challenges faced in this field.
During the second part of the seminar we will focus on children as actors, and explore children’s capacities to identify and use resources as well as opportunities to work towards brighter futures.
For further information on the seminar please refer to the concept note or contact Lotte Vermeij at firstname.lastname@example.org
This seminar is now closed for sign up.
- Opening speechGry Larsen,
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Children and Armed ConflictSiddharth Chatterjee,
Chief Diplomat-Head of Strategic Partnerships & International Relations. International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC)
- Child Soldiers and Reintegration Challenges
- Lotte Vermeij, Research Fellow, NUPI. PhD Candidate in Disaster Studies, Wageningen University
- Children and Young People as Actors in Peace Processes and Peace BuildingAnnette Giertsen,
Senior adviser/Director Child Rights Policy and Program Quality, Save the Children Norway
- Panel discussion and Q&ASiddharth Chatterjee, Annette Giertsen, Lotte Vermeij and Scott Gates (Director of the Centre for the Study of Civil War, PRIO)
- Conclusions and recommendations – key issues to addressCedric de Coning, Research Fellow, ACCORD and NUPI